AUTOMATED CONVEYOR SYSTEMS, INC. has been a leading provider of turnkey material handling systems and facility upgrades for over 40 years. Specializing in the corrugated, folding carton and the bottle and can industries, ACS has built a solid reputation on a foundation of service, craftsmanship, and innovative technology. ACS recruits and hires locally as often as possible and, whenever possible, supports the local economy when buying services, materials and supplies.
ACS is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. We are committed to ensuring equal employment opportunities for all job applicants and employees. Employment decisions are based upon job-related reasons regardless of an applicant's race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, disability, marital status, genetic information, protected veteran status, or any other status protected by law.
ACS, located in Lynchburg, VA, has an opening for a Sales Service AutoCAD Technician to design plant layouts and prepare pricing quotations per the requirements from information received through the sales person or customer.
Sales Service AutoCAD Technician essential functions are as follows:
- Knowledge of ACS conveyor application and interfacing with existing or new equipment.
- Reviews and interprets prints, sketches, and written or verbal request received from sales or the customer to determine what equipment is to be quoted.
- Researches and reviews previous shop orders and documentation from the specific customer location.
- Reads and interprets blueprints and facilities layout.
- Utilizing AutoCAD software, draws / creates price proposal layout, recognizing the required product interfacing with new or existing equipment.
- Prepares written quote utilizing ACS quote program.
- For written or verbal request, w/o prints, utilizes ACS price manual to determine cost.
- Prepares sequence of operations if required.
- Verifies that all the equipment requested by sales or the customer has been included in the quote.
- Submits finished quote to the department manager for final check and approval.
- Reviews cover letter and signs as required.
- After quote submittal, answers customer / sales questions as required.
- Introduces new and/or improved product design by interfacing with both the mechanical and electrical engineering departments.
- Files finished quote for future use, enters data for network archiving.
- Meets acceptable time / work standards.
- Performs other duties as required.
In order to qualify for this position, you will have:
- High school degree or equivalent
- Computer skills, including experience with Microsoft Office and CAD software
- Ability to understand basic mechanical and electrical schematic drawings
- Good written & oral communication skills
- Ability to work well with others
- Ability to interface well with customers and vendors
- Have the desire and self-initiative to be willing to continuously learn
Qualified candidates, please submit your cover letter and resume for immediate consideration. We will review your qualifications and contact you if we feel you are a match for this role. If you're not a match, we will build a profile on your behalf in hopes of contacting you in the near future with opportunities that more closely match your skill set, education and experience.
We offer excellent benefits including medical, dental, life & disability insurance, matching 401(k), FSA, and education tuition assistance.