Make your mark in Broadcasting and Digital Media. Sinclair Broadcast Group and Sinclair Digital Solutions are dedicated to making Sinclair a communications powerhouse! We are the largest and most diversified television broadcasting company in the country. Sinclair owns and operates, programs or provides services to more television stations than anyone and has affiliations with all major networks. Sinclair Digital group is focused on bringing the most engaging content to web, mobile and over-the-top broadcasting to audiences all over the country! Our success is the result of extraordinary employees and an exemplary management team who believe in a vision and are dedicated ensuring a great future for our employees. Whether you are an industry veteran or a just starting out, you can find it at Sinclair! We are advancing the world of Broadcasting and we want YOU to join our winning team!
WSET is currently seeking a Station Engineering Director. This multi-faceted position will manage and coordinate all aspects of the technical operation of the station in compliance with FCC regulations, including administration of Engineering, Master Control, and Production personnel, broadcast facilities, equipment, and budget. Act as Chief Operator and administer logs, licenses, inspections, and other documentation as required by the FCC.
- Plan, manage, train, hire and oversee Engineering, Production and Master Control personnel and activities
- Coordinate or perform maintenance of computer and broadcast equipment of the television broadcasting station
- Assist and advise in planning of future equipment installations, requirements, and budgetary recommendations
- Supervise maintenance of computer software, hardware, and local area network applications on systems throughout the station
- Establish the procedures to insure that all IT, station equipment is operational and secure
- Manage station facilities, ensure safe work environment.
- Keep software versions up to date. Insures software license compliance. Follows all corporate directives for IT security
- Supervise preventive maintenance and/or troubleshooting on almost any electronic device or support electronics whether in-house or installed at transmitter; including but not limited to: cameras, video equipment and/or audio switching equipment, processing and monitoring equipment, microwave transmitters and receivers, satellite receivers, and computing equipment
- Supervise and/or perform transmitter maintenance of all transmitters, tower lights, emergency alert systems.
- Respond to trouble calls with broadcast or computer equipment (sometimes after regular hours and weekends)
- Other duties as assigned.
- A minimum of 5 years experience in broadcast television
- 21st century skill set, a great team-oriented attitude and a dedication to quality
- Strong leadership skills and exceptional communication are absolutely essential for the successful candidate to possess
- A strong IT background
- A college degree and SBE certification is highly desired
Please apply online by going to: http://sbgi.net/sbgi-careers/